Gofiles

SeniGaming

Game Developer
Sep 8, 2019
Hi, Microsoft locks all downloads from gofiles, saying they are dangerous.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Microsoft locks all downloads from gofiles
I downloaded a game using GoFiles as the file host, extracted it (using WinRar), and it ran just fine as Count Morado had done so.
1726094294444.png
1726094309065.png
1726094337178.png
1726094370977.png
1726094423525.png

SeniGaming My $0.02. Maybe you to Windows security so that for any files labelled as malicious, you can stop Windows Security from alerting and/or blocking the downloaded file from running by adding it to an exclusion list.

celltf

Feb 25, 2022
Speaking of GoFile, is anyone else having trouble accessing it? I was downloading a file from GoFile earlier today when all of a sudden it stopped in the middle of the download. I refreshed the link and all of a sudden I couldn't access it anymore. I kept trying to access it for a couple hours to no avail when it occurred to me to try turning on my VPN. Now I was able to access GoFile again

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Speaking of GoFile, is anyone else having trouble accessing it? I was downloading a file from GoFile earlier today when all of a sudden it stopped in the middle of the download. I refreshed the link and all of a sudden I couldn't access it anymore. I kept trying to access it for a couple hours to no avail when it occurred to me to try turning on my VPN. Now I was able to access GoFile again
Nothing crazy on my end. Never encountered any issues when downloading from GoFiles recently :unsure: Sometimes (it's rare) but my files do get disrupted mid-way through downloads. How was your network bandwidth when you were downloading the file from the GoFile mirror?

celltf

Feb 25, 2022
Nothing crazy on my end. Never encountered any issues when downloading from GoFiles recently :unsure: Sometimes (it's rare) but my files do get disrupted mid-way through downloads. How was your network bandwidth when you were downloading the file from the GoFile mirror?
Perfectly fine. I just checked again and I can't access anything on GoFile normally. I have to go through a VPN. Is it possible my ISP has blocked GoFile?
EDIT: Maybe there's just an issue with GoFile atm affecting me but not others. Friend of mine told me this happens sometimes with sites where it's a regional thing.

Last edited:

celltf

Feb 25, 2022
Well GoFile seems to be working for me again so dunno what happened. Hope my posts were OK since they were about GoFile but not exactly like what the TC posted about. Didn't mean to sorta mini-hijack the topic; was gonna post something of my own but I saw a topic asking about GoFile and figured it would be OK to post in it

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
have to go through a VPN. Is it possible my ISP has blocked GoFile?
Could be the case. Some file hosting sites are known to block certain regions, so using a VPN as a bypass would be a workaround that folks would have to use as a fall back.

Didn't mean to sorta mini-hijack the topic; was gonna post something of my own but I saw a topic asking about GoFile and figured it would be OK to post in it
No don't worry about it (y) Your post is in relation to the question that the OP talked about, so don't fret about hijacking the thread. Each and everyone's shared experiences are important in proposing a resolution and identifying the root cause of an issue. So its all good.