Jun 28, 2024
Thumbnail.png

Let's Enjoy Game With Dialogue To Audio

Developers Name: Mr. Soul Detective
Developers:

DOWNLOAD

WINDOWS: - - -

Introducing the Novel Reader - Visual Novel! Games To Multiple Voices

Tired of the endless dialogue boxes in your beloved visual novels? It can become quite tedious, right? Would you rather immerse yourself in the game's stunning visuals, or are you too caught up in the sea of text?

Here is your final answer — Novel Reader! Goodbye to everyday game's dialogue reading and welcome immersive storytelling!

Our software features multiple voices, allowing a distinct voice for each character. Simply name your characters and proceed.

Novel Reader Usage Instructions
  • Open Novel Reader: Double-click novel reader.exe.
  • Enjoy 1-Day Trial: You'll receive a 1-day trial automatically.
  • Start the Program: Click on "Start Program."
  • Open Localhost: A webpage will open at localhost:8000 in your browser.
    • Microsoft Edge: It will launch automatically.
    • Chrome or Firefox: Copy and paste it into Microsoft Edge.
  • Activate Voice Clipboard: Open your visual novel game and press Shift + C to enable voice clipboard.
  • Immerse Yourself: Enjoy your game with voices reading out the dialogues.
  • Subscription After Trial: When your trial expires:
    • Visit
    • Become a member for $2 to enjoy 30 days of unlimited gaming experience.
    • Support the developer and provide feedback on features you'd like to see improved or added.
Support Developers: Developers work hard to enhance your gaming experience. Your contribution keeps this project alive and helps introduce new features. Show your support today!

Last edited:
Reactions: professorviruss

souldetective

Jun 28, 2024
Downloaded, can you tell me more about selecting voice for each charecter?
Open the file Voice_Data.txt, and you will find entries for Male and Female Voices labeled as Character A, Character B, Character C, and so on. Replace these with the names of your game characters. For example, if your game character's name is John, you could replace 'Character B' with 'John'. You can rename the characters as you wish. Next to each character, you will also find a voice label; choose any voice that you prefer.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Is there a way to add your own voices, also are there any other tools like this?
EDIT*
Oh you are the dev and its brand new.
Is this entirely offline?

Last edited:

souldetective

Jun 28, 2024
Is there a way to add your own voices, also are there any other tools like this?
EDIT*
Oh you are the dev and its brand new.
Is this entirely offline?
I could develop an offline version of the software, which would be approximately 5GB in size. However, this would be too demanding for the average computer to handle. It would necessitate a high-end PC, as running large files requires significant processing power. Since machine voices tend to sound robotic, I opted for AI-generated voices, which are much more natural. To ensure the software is lightweight and extremely fast, especially with the new voice update list, I decided to make it online. I could integrate a custom voice system, but this would significantly increase the size, allowing users to train the software with their own voice. Therefore, I chose the best option available, which provides the world's finest AI voices and natural voices for all countries online. Otherwise, I would have considered an offline solution.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
I could develop an offline version of the software, which would be approximately 5GB in size. However, this would be too demanding for the average computer to handle. It would necessitate a high-end PC, as running large files requires significant processing power. Since machine voices tend to sound robotic, I opted for AI-generated voices, which are much more natural. To ensure the software is lightweight and extremely fast, especially with the new voice update list, I decided to make it online. I could integrate a custom voice system, but this would significantly increase the size, allowing users to train the software with their own voice. Therefore, I chose the best option available, which provides the world's finest AI voices and natural voices for all countries online. Otherwise, I would have considered an offline solution.
So when you say online could you elaborate?
This requires an internet connection to use yes? Does the spoken/extracted text get logged somewhere online? Does the program require a subscription to say elevenlabs or some other services API that requires regular payments to use?

Ive been looking for a visual novel reading tool with some customization, like being able to give each character specific voices, and other such tweaks with more updated ai tech, like RVC (realtime voice cloning) only place ive seen such a thing was in silly tavern, but given the libraries of RVC models it seems like potential is there to utilize as well.

souldetective

Jun 28, 2024
So when you say online could you elaborate?
This requires an internet connection to use yes? Does the spoken/extracted text get logged somewhere online? Does the program require a subscription to say elevenlabs or some other services API that requires regular payments to use?

Ive been looking for a visual novel reading tool with some customization, like being able to give each character specific voices, and other such tweaks with more updated ai tech, like RVC (realtime voice cloning) only place ive seen such a thing was in silly tavern, but given the libraries of RVC models it seems like potential is there to utilize as well.
Certainly, to elaborate on your question: My software copies dialogue from Renpy games and converts it into AI-generated voice, meaning the main mechanism is text-to-speech. Indeed, my program creates a unique voice for each character. This means for characters A, B, and C, you can select different voices for them, and they will speak in the voice you've chosen. As I'm utilizing an API for speech synthesis, it requires a subscription; hence, my program also has a subscription fee of $2 per month. For a premium subscription, I provide users with an ID and password valid for 30 days.

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Certainly, to elaborate on your question: My software copies dialogue from Renpy games and converts it into AI-generated voice, meaning the main mechanism is text-to-speech. Indeed, my program creates a unique voice for each character. This means for characters A, B, and C, you can select different voices for them, and they will speak in the voice you've chosen. As I'm utilizing an API for speech synthesis, it requires a subscription; hence, my program also has a subscription fee of $2 per month. For a premium subscription, I provide users with an ID and password valid for 30 days.
I see, do you think it possible to have tts with set/downloadable voices without a need for subscription in the future? Where you could make voice packs for download? As well as a pitch/tone adjusters to customize the set voices that currently exist to allow further customization? Essentially a full offline option.

There was a similar program/game that I think did something similar "GPTits" that used gpt 4 but then came with a local LLM.
Or at the very least allow people to have their own subscription and easily link say their own ai tts service to the program?

The program is interesting and seems pretty nice and wanted, but it is hard to find just an FYI. I was actively searching for something like this, and only stumbled onto it because this forums search guessing found it for me when making a title for a topic asking to find a tool like this. Not sure how, but would recommend getting it out there some how.