VN - Others - Completed - INVADER [Full] [Reikodium Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

NotJoe

I liked the art. That's pretty much the Good Thing.

- The story never really seemed to come together. In fairness, I skipped through a lot of the text after about the 2nd playthrough. I kind of get what the creator was going for, it just didn't click with me.

- I really dislike the "play it again" in order to connect the story pieces.

- This feels a little like a kinetic novel with a few almost meaningless decisions factored in. Choose 'Right' and the story moves on, choose 'wrong' and you get the ending and then redo it.

- The opening to the game was pretty good, from there the sex and the violence almost seem like an afterthought.

I can't recommend this one.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

new new

the story terrible in the omega route you got 3 choices which dosen't mean anything when every choice in the game got you a bad end or just contine the story it made me feel there was a secert so i redo that part multipe time so i just wasted my time in the end also no backlog you miss a dialog to bad reload to your last save and the lamada route bug cause when i finish beta and say it unlock i still get error when i try to pick it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

AzureFox4

Story is quite interesting and in depth, the true ending is 5 minutes of lore exposure that coupled with all the other endings and realizations you make, makes it quite sad. Sex scenes are few, art is on the budget side, the main and most developed part of the game is the story.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

LOLZLOLZ

story is just everywhere and is pretty bad.
    It´s like they had a story first with all the death games and afterwards for some reason they all start remembering a whole different story and no one cares beacouse it´s just ending explanations
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Satto

This game has potential but it feels like the Devs first attempt. There is nothing wrong with that of course and I wish them the best of luck as they continue to develop and refine their process and story but with the way it is written and laid out I thought I should write a review here to help others who may want to give it a go.

The game presents itself as a dive into morally questionable content but in its more linear than that, while you have the chance to make some decisions they lead almost exclusively to game overs of either good, bad or neutral endings.
    I feel like a lot of people will dislike this game because you really do need to play through every possible ending and option to get the full story of what is happening as well as setting up for the second game in the series (which doesn't exist yet as far as I know)

I enjoyed the story, some of the writing was a bit off but on the whole it was quite readable and no where near MTL levels of messed up, that being said there are instances of incorrect word usage and repeat explanations. The plot is sort of explained in the synopses on the main games page but you should go into it knowing that there isnt a great deal of content and there are only really three challenges to overcome.

Pros:
    -Interesting setting
    -thought was put into the games layout and structure.
    -Pacing is decent for a first or early attempt at a game
    -Game is complete and the majority of the story (minus what will happen next game) is available if you are willing to put in the time to find it.
    -interesting idea for endings
    -quick return after an ending to the last choice
    -Characters are likeable if not super well developed
    -Art style isnt bad, not the best I have seen but passable all the same.

Cons:
    -pacing between scenes could use work
    -unskippable effects
    -few choices
    -must explore every choice and ending to find all the story elements
    -only two real sex scenes, there was potential for a lot more
    -only three challenges, I feel this was the games chance to shine but it fell a bit flat
    -reasoning and rationale for what is happening doesn't really add up under inspection
    -at least one unanswered plot hole, possibly more
    -illusion of choice when only one path will lead to the true ending
    -no real choice of who the MC actually ends up with (no harem ending either)

If you enjoy a quick Sci-fi read and dont mind exploring all the potential endings then I would say give this one a play, its worth the hour or two you will need to get through it and the additional time to backtrack to the other options to flesh out the story.
    You should not go into this game expecting a sex game however, it is really trying to tell a story and while the writing is a bit underwhelming I find the story was worth pushing through for.

The game plays almost like a Beta, it feels like the core plot points are in place but there is still a lot of room to flesh things out instead of simply rushing to the end. I am looking forward to following this Dev and I hope they will continue to produce games since I did find the world setting enjoyable.

For a remake I would make a few changes as follows:

1. more challenges and scenes which give the player actually meaningful choices
    2. choices should affect more than simply the next scene or endings and should have far reaching implications.
    3. characters should be developed further, even in a mind wipe setting personalities will still come through.
    4. develop internal group relationships so any eventual deaths are more meaningful
    5. make all effects skip-able even if you are proud of them. (coin toss sound effect got really old really quickly)
    6. dig deeper for the challenges and add more sex scenes, it is totally doable without distorting the story you are telling and would increase the engagement of the players.
    7. better proof reading and grammar checking would be a bonus
    8. dont leave a cliff hanger for a 'true ending' waiting for a second game, many players will simply assume the second game isnt coming and will be turned off by it.
    9. dont wipe half your cast out within the first few minutes of the game, taking them out slowly over time and through multiple challanges where the MC is forced to make life or death decisions would be much more impactful.
    10. dig deeper into your inspiration for challenge 2 and build a lot more based on that, its what is expected from the game description after all.

I hope I have been able to offer some constructive advice without giving away to much for those people who want to enjoy the story and game themselves.

Remember that losing isn't really losing in this game so don't be to quick on you instincts to quick reload your last save and do your best to be accepting of a Dev who is still learning what they can and cant do with their writing and abilities.

Best of luck to the Dev and I hope I was helpful to anyone who will play.

Final total score from me personally which means nothing really because everyone has their own likes and dislikes: 4/10
  6. 1.00 star(s)

nb8

the game's plot is poorly written, it consists of several fragments that are not connected to each other

very poor presentation of the plot: the screen darkens, 10 seconds pass, drug addict divorces appear for another 10 seconds, the screen darkens again for 10 seconds, the plot continues, but perhaps this is already a different fragment

there is almost no sex in the game, less than 10 pictures of poor quality